If you’re looking for a way to break the ice with someone you like, good or hilarious pick-up lines can be a great way to do it. But you should always keep in mind that it’s best to stay genuine and original.
That’s why we put together this list of funny, clever, and hilarious pick-up lines that actually work. These pick-up lines are sure to make anyone laugh, and they’ll help you get the conversation started.
See also: 700+ Good Morning Messages To Send Your Loved Ones
So if you want to try something new, check out these 101 hilarious pick-up lines:
1. If your heart was a prison, I would like to be sentenced for life.
This line is very emotional. It makes the girl think of you for a long time after, and if you manage to use this pick-up line correctly, she’ll be thinking about you in a more positive light. Be careful with the use of this one, it can easily be taken the wrong way or just be generally creepy if you don’t say it right.
2. Is your name Wi-Fi Because I sure am feeling a strong connection between us.
This is a cute way to start a conversation with a girl. You’re talking about technology, something that can be interpreted as relating to the future, and you’re making a connection between the two of you. This is a very original way of starting a conversation that isn’t creepy and makes you seem witty.
3. If I were a tear in your eye, I would roll down your cheek and die.
This pick-up line is a little sappy sweet, but it’s also very original and definitely memorable. It’s silly, but you can always follow it up with a pun or something funny to lighten the mood.
4. Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I grin.
This is a good way to tell someone they’re attractive. It’s funny and it doesn’t come off as offensive or creepy.
5. Are you from Tennessee? Because you’re the only ten I see.
This funny pick-up line is a classic way of flirting with someone special. It’s a simple way of saying they’re attractive without being too offensive or creepy.
6. Are you an alien? Because ever since I saw you, my world has been freaking out.
This is a great way of saying that someone has been on your mind lately. It’s funny and flirty and sure to get a giggle out of the person you’re interested in.
7. Is your name Google? Because you have everything I’m looking for.
This funny pick-up line is a cute way to start up a conversation with someone. It’s flirty and funny, and you’re sure to be able to tell if they’re interested in you or not if they laugh at your joke.
8. Are you from outer space? Because every time I look at you I’m in a trance.
This is adorable and flirty. It’s a great way to let someone know that you’d like to get to know them better without being too creepy or offensive.
9. Are you a magician? Because every time I see you, everyone else disappears.
This is a sweet way of saying that they’re special. It implies that you really want to spend time with this person and be the only thing they’re paying attention to.
10. You must be from Scotland, because you just stole my heart.
This funny pick-up line is a great way to let someone know you’d like to get to know them better. It implies that you’re attracted to them and it’s light-hearted enough that it isn’t creepy or offensive.
See also: 600+ Good Morning Messages for Her to Make Her Smile
11. Did you know I just ran over your shadow and everything is glowing?
This is silly and weird enough to make anyone laugh. It’s also a little creepy, so it will definitely stand out.
12. Excuse me, have you heard the word, ‘fuhgeddaboudit?’
This pick-up line is funny because it’s a quote from one of the greatest movies ever made. It’s also a great conversation starter since it can lead to talking about the movie as well as any racial slurs you may want to discuss.
13. Is your dad a thief? Because someone stole the stars and put them in your eyes.
This line works because it appeals to a woman’s sense of vanity. She’ll love hearing that she looks like a Hollywood star. It’s silly and cheesy, just like her.
14. Do you remember me? We were in pre-school together.
This pick-up line is the number one way to start a conversation because of its simplicity. Who could forget their first school crush? Humour is apparent here with the question being icky and funny at the same time. Who knows, maybe she really does remember you from pre-school.
15. Is your dad a thief? Because someone stole the moon and put it in your eyes.
The joke here is similar to the one above, but it’s still different enough to be effective. The smile you’ll get out of this line is sure to be sincere.
16. Excuse me, I think you have something on your face.
This pick-up line is a good one to use on a cute girl at the gym. Girls always tend to have that “I just ran/did weights/yoga and somehow sweat produced a shine at the same time” look about them, so it’s easy to point out. You’re cleaning off her face which shows chivalry and makes you seem nice. It’s a win-win.
17. I’m new in town. Can you tell me where the closest bookstore is?
You’re asking for directions! You would be surprised how well this one works. It’s a great way to start a conversation because it gets you talking about something you have in common right from the start and it gives you both something to relate over.
18. I lost my number, can I find it on your phone?
This pick-up line is effective if you want to get a woman’s number. All you have to do is ask to use her phone and if she lends it to you, save your number and tell her to text or call you. If she likes you, then she will definitely text or call you.
19. You smell nice.
The number one pick-up line of all time and the most effective one is also the most simple. It can be used anywhere, on any girl, and in any situation. All it takes is for you to have the courage to walk up to the girl and say something. This line can work because sometimes the simplest things are the most effective, and no pick-up line is simpler than this one.
20. If you were a vending machine, I would definitely buy you.
This funny pick-up line is guaranteed to make anyone laugh. It’s also somewhat insightful because it implies that you would invest in this person, which is a positive thing.
Related: 350+ Good Morning Messages for Him (Boyfriend or Husband)
21. You must be the answer to my prayers. Because there’s no one here but you and me.
This is funny because it implies there is no one around to interrupt whatever it is you’re about to do.
22. Hi, I’m ____. We must be separated at birth because I feel like I have known you my entire life.
This funny pick-up line is great because it highlights the fact that you feel a connection with this person right away. It sets the stage for future conversations about how you really feel drawn to this person.
23. Are you single? Because I’d sure like to take you out.
This is a simple and straightforward way to break the ice. It lets the person know that you’re interested in them, and it works because it’s funny and direct.
24. Excuse me, do you have any raisins? No? Well then, how about a date?
This funny pick-up line pokes fun at the old “Do you have a dollar?” line that many people use to get dates.
25. Are you an alien? Because whenever we’re together I feel really attracted to you.
This is a creative way to flirt with someone special. It implies that there is some sort of connection between the two of you.
26. Do you know how much a dollar is? Because I don’t and you look like you might be worth that much.
This line is a funny one and will definitely get a smile out of her. You’re complimenting her while implying that the two of you are so romantically involved that you don’t even need to pay for her because she’s priceless.
27. Excuse me, I just saw you from across the room and I had to come to say hello.
This line is good because it gets the ball rolling. You’re already approaching the girl and saying hello which makes both of you more comfortable. It’s simple, short, and sweet.
28. I like your tattoo. What does it mean?
This pick-up line is a little obscure, but the girl who has a matching tattoo will definitely smile and blush when you ask her about it. It’s a unique way to start a conversation and find common interests with someone.
29. If you were a hamburger at McDonald’s, you would be a ‘Filet-O-Fish’ because you’re the fish and I’m the filet.
This line pokes fun at McDonald’s in general which is something most people can relate to. It also starts a conversation about a funny topic and allows you to talk about just how awesome the Filet-O-Fish is.
30. Hey, I just saved a whole bunch of time and cut to the chase. You’re cute. Now let’s go have dinner.
This pick-up line is a little forward, but it works because it gets right to the point. She’ll either think it’s funny or she’ll be flattered by the compliment. Either way, this line will start a great conversation and possibly lead to a second date.
Also read: 360+ Good Night Messages for Him from the Heart
31. Are you French? Because Eiffel for you.
This is a cute way of saying someone is attractive. It’s funny because it’s silly, but it’s also very memorable and unique.
32. Are you a library book? Because I’ve been checking you out all night.
This funny pick-up line is one of the cheesiest, but if done correctly, it can be very charming and original.
33. There is something wrong with my cell phone. It doesn’t have your number in it.
This is a great way of saying you like someone without being too creepy about it. It’s also memorable and sure to make them laugh since it’s a little silly.
34. Excuse me, do you have the time? Oh wait, it doesn’t matter, I just want to talk to you.
This funny pick-up line is a great way to start a conversation with someone. It shows confidence on your part and is very original and funny at the same time.
35. If I had to choose between breathing and talking to you, I would need my inhalers for the rest of my life because I wouldn’t breathe without you.
This is one of the most original ones on this list. It’s very flirty and memorable. It might be a little too cheesy for some people, but if it’s well delivered, it can work.
36. If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put ‘U’ and ‘I’ together.
This pick-up line is a cute way of saying you like someone. It’s funny and flirty and you’re sure to get a positive response if you deliver it properly.
37. Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living?
This can lead to an interesting conversation since it’s more of a question than a pick-up line. It shows that you’re interested in them as a person and not just their body, which is always a good thing.
38. I lost my number, can I have yours?
This pick-up line is very straightforward. It shows confidence in yourself and lets the other person know that you like them and want their number. It might be a little too forward for some people, but if they’re attracted to you, they’ll give it to you.
39. Why don’t you sit on my face and we can discuss the problems of the world?
This funny pick-up line is a little too raunchy for most people. Still, if the person you’re telling this to finds it funny or refreshingly honest, they just might like you back–unless they’re not into such vulgar things.
40. If you were a Transformer… you’d be Optimus Fine.
This is very silly and it’s hard to take it seriously, but that’s the point. It’s fun to say and fun to hear. If you deliver it properly, you’re sure to get a laugh.
See also: 560+ Happy Birthday Messages for Friends, Family, and Coworkers
41. Do you believe in love at first sight—or should I walk by again?
This funny pick-up line is very silly and more of a joke than anything else. It’s not something you should take seriously when using it. Still, it’s cute and funny and something a lot of people like to hear.
42. Excuse me, but I just had to speak to you, because your beauty is breathtaking.
This line is very telling of what you think of the other person. You don’t just come out and say it, but you hint at it. This line is more for the romantic than the funny, but if you use it, you’re more than likely going to get a positive response.
43. Hey, you know that we are living in 2012, not 1998 right?
This pick-up line is very silly and pointless. It’s just there to make the other person laugh and break the ice a bit. You don’t need a pick-up line as an excuse to try to talk to someone you’re attracted to, but it can help. Just make sure you keep a straight face when you say it so they know you’re not being serious.
44. Excuse me, I’m writing an article on interesting conversations I’ve had with people. Can I include you?
This could lead to something interesting or it could lead to something completely different. Still, it’s a good way to start a conversation with someone you’ve never talked to before in a non-threatening way.
45. I’m no photographer, but I can picture us together.
This funny pick-up line is a nice compliment that not only can lead to the other person being flattered, but it also shows that you’re interested in them. It’s a simple way to tell someone you think they’re hot without seeming too creepy about it.
46. I must be in a museum, because you truly are a work of art.
This funny pick-up line is another way of saying you think the other person is attractive. It’s a cliché pick-up line that can sometimes get a negative reaction due to it being overused so often, but if you use it right, you can still get a positive response.
47. Did you just come out of the oven? Because you’re hot.
This is a little creepy, but it can be funny if you deliver it in the right way. Don’t look at the person while you say or you’ll seem even more creepy. Plus, it’s a little weird to talk about someone looking like they just came out of an oven.
48. Are you a parking ticket? Cause you’ve got fine written all over you!
This is a little silly, but it’s still creative enough that you won’t be able to use it on just anyone. It’s not going to work on everyone, but if the person you’re trying to use it on is a little playful and also a bit of a rebel, then you might have some success.
49. Do you have a map? Because I’m getting lost in your eyes.
This funny pick-up line is very cliché, but as long as you use it right and don’t over do it, it can still work. It’s less about the pick-up line itself and more about how you say it. Still, you won’t be able to use this one on everyone without seeming like a creep.
50. Can I follow you where you’re going right now? ‘Cause my parents always told me to follow my dreams!
This is a little silly and nonsensical, but it’s also very playful. If you want to try something silly yet still somewhat effective, try this pick-up line out. It can’t hurt and it might just work.
See also: 520+ Mother’s Day Messages: Inspiring, Sweet, Funny, and More
51. My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can’t hold it in.
This line is a bit cruder than the others, but when it comes down to it, we all have these thoughts inside our heads. If you see someone you like and the funny pick-up lines above aren’t really working for you, try this one on them.
52. Excuse me, do you have a pencil I could borrow? I want to write down your number.
This funny pick-up line is pretty direct and to the point. The person you’re talking to will probably get a laugh out of it and maybe even give you their number. If this doesn’t work, then you can always try again with another funny pick-up line.
53. We’re not socks, but I think we’d make a great pair.
This line is a little silly and very random. It can definitely catch someone’s attention, but it all depends on if you can keep their attention long enough to actually build up some chemistry with them.
54. Did you invent the airplane? Because you seem Wright for me!
This funny pick-up line is a little weird (and not the good kind of weird either), but if you use it in the right setting, it just might work. We’d definitely suggest that you only try this one at your own risk.
55. I hope you know CPR, because you are taking my breath away!
This is a nice play on the classic cheesy pick-up line, “You took my breath away.” We all know what that one means, so this funny pick-up line works because it gives a new meaning to it. Still, use it at your own risk.
56. Sorry, I spilled my drink on you. I then immediately realized how hot you were and wanted to do it again.
This funny pick-up line might not always be the most welcome. Be careful when you use it because if the person doesn’t find it funny then it can make things worse rather than better. You’re basically telling them that they aren’t good-looking, so tread carefully.
57. You’re so beautiful that you made me forget my pick-up line.
This line is a simple and classic one. If you use this one then you’re definitely going for the old faithful approach. This one works because flattery will always get someone’s attention, but it’s how you deliver the message that really matters.
58. Life without you is like a broken pencil… pointless.
This funny pick-up line is a sweet and corny one. It’s not original and it’s been used many times before, but it still works because there’s a reason why it’s been used so much. If you want to get someone’s attention without being too creepy, then this is the pick-up line for you.
59. Excuse me, I just had to speak to you because you look like the most interesting person here.
This has a little bit of truth to it. Most people like being complimented, so this pick-up line should work if you use it at the right time and in the right setting.
60. You must be exhausted. You’ve been running through my mind all day.
This funny pick-up line is a little risky because you’re telling the person you’ve been thinking about them when you really haven’t. Of course, if you actually have then it’s not such a far-fetched story and they may just believe you and fall for it. That is, if they happen to be into you as well.
Also read: 530+ Sympathy Messages to Express Your Condolences
61. Excuse me, do you know what the time is? I just have to know if I can spend another minute with you.
This is a sweet one that lets the person know that you think they are pretty special. It’s definitely different than some of the other pick-up lines that are out there, but it still works because of how direct it is.
62. If I had to describe you in one word, it would be ‘asdfghjkl;’ there are no words in this world worthy of describing such a goddess.
With this funny pick-up line, you are obviously just outright comparing the person to a god or goddess of some sort. You are going about this pick-up line in a very odd way, but if they laugh they probably like you so it’s worth a shot.
63. There must be something wrong with my eyes. I can’t take them off you.
There isn’t anything really funny about this pick-up line, but it’s still a good one to use if you want to get someone’s attention without having to come up with anything witty. No matter what situation you find yourself in, this pick-up line always works because it’s direct and honest and that’s all you need.
64. If I could’ve chosen any mother for my unborn child, it would’ve been you.
This line is a compliment that works well because it’s very direct and honest. Of course, some people might get creeped out by it if they hardly even know you, but then again if they are a complete stranger then what does it really matter?
65. If I had a rose for every time I thought about you, I’d walk through my garden forever.
This fun pick-up line lines right from a song actually. It’s a beautiful and honest pick-up line that will most likely make the person you are speaking to very happy. It may seem cheesy at first glance, but it’s effective and that’s all that matters.
66. Do you have a BandAid? I just scraped my knee falling for you.
This funny pick-up line works because it’s direct and it’s sort of cute. Someone is bound to smile when you say this pick-up line, that’s for sure.
67. You look like a girl I’d like to take home and introduce to my mother.
This is a classic one that has been used for years and years. Of course, it works because it’s sincere and most people like their mothers. Who doesn’t want their crush to think they are good enough for their own mother?
68. Are you a time traveler? Cause I see you in my future!
With this funny pick-up line, you are being a little presumptuous. Of course, if they happen to be from the future then it’s true, but chances are they are not so they might think you’re a bit wacko. But they might also like the fact that you’re so sure of yourself that you can make jokes like this.
69. I was wondering if you had an extra heart. Because mine was just stolen.
This line is a common one, but it still works every time. If someone asks you where you came up with this pick-up line, just say it was something you learned in your “theology” class and leave it at that.
70. Did you know that security cameras love your face?
This funny pick-up line is a bit of a risky one to try because you are bringing attention to yourself and the security cameras. Also, it’s a bit of a weird pick-up line because it implies you are planning on doing something illicit with the person you are speaking to. However, it could still work so don’t be afraid to use it if the situation is right.
71. I wish I was ____, so that way I could be your everything.
Nothing is more romantic than being compared to something that is everything to someone. However, you need to fill in the blank with something that is applicable to your crush. For instance, if they had a cat you could say “I wish I was a cat, so that way I could be your everything.” You get the idea.
72. You’re so sweet, you’d put Hershey’s out of business!
This funny pick-up line is a great one to use because it’s fun and sweet all at the same time. It will most likely make your crush smile and that is what a good pick-up line should do.
73. Let me guess, your middle name is Gillette, right? Because you’re the best a man can get!
This is a bit innuendo, but it still makes people laugh. It’s a great pick-up line if you are feeling particularly silly that day and want to have some fun at the expense of your crush.
74. Do you have a name? Or can I call you mine?
This funny pick-up line is a cute way of saying you like someone without them even realizing it. It’s memorable and definitely unique, making it easy to distinguish yourself from the pool of guys they talk to every day.
75. Your eyes are bluer than the Atlantic ocean. And I don’t mind being lost at sea!
This is a cute way of flattering someone. It’s also very original and the fact that it’s a lyric from a song, makes it easy to remember.
76. I was blinded by your beauty; I’m going to need your name and phone number for insurance purposes.
This is a funny way of asking someone for their name and number. It’s silly, memorable, AND original. It’s sure to make them laugh and their friends as well.
77. I’ve heard a lot about you…and I’m glad I finally got to meet you in person.
This funny pick-up line is a great way of starting up a conversation with someone you’ve heard about or seen around but never really interacted with. It’s funny and memorable and sure to make them smile.
78. I think you’re suffering from a lack of vitamin me.
This line is a great way of flirting with someone you’ve never really talked to before. It’s funny, memorable, and super original.
79. You must be tired because you’ve been running through my mind all night.
This is a cute way of starting a conversation without being too creepy. It’s cute and funny and super memorable.
80. Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?
This line is a great way of flirting with someone. It’s funny, memorable, and super original. Everyone loves a good Genie reference!
81. You smell that? I smell something… fresh and clean like a just bathed baby… oh wait that’s me!
This line is a cute way of saying you just got out of the shower and are hinting for them to ask you what you’re up to tonight. It’s funny and sure to make them laugh.
82. Ever been to Paris? Well, I’m the same way… I give a whole new meaning to “Le Weekend
This funny pick-up line is a funny way of saying “Let’s go out this weekend.” It’s memorable and unique, making it super easy for them to ask you what your weekend plans are.
83. Are you a loan? ‘Cause, you’ve got my interest!
This is a funny way of saying you have a thing for them. It’s funny, memorable, and sure to make them laugh.
84. Remember me? Oh, that’s right, I’ve only met you in my dreams.
This is a funny way of telling someone you have been thinking about them. It’s funny and memorable, making it easy to start up a conversation with.
85. Do you like Star Wars? Because Yoda only one for me!
This line is a cute way of saying you like someone. It’s cute, funny and original.
86. If I had four quarters to give to the four prettiest women in the world, you would have a dollar!
This is a funny way of complimenting someone. It’s silly and memorable, making it a great way to start up a conversation.
87. I’m not drunk… I’m just intoxicated by you.
This line is a sweet way of saying you have feelings for them. It’s a little more serious than some of the other pick-up lines on this list, but definitely still works!
88. Kiss me if I’m wrong. But dinosaurs still exist, right?
This is perfect for the geek in all of us. It’s silly, memorable, and sure to make them smile.
89. Are you an alien? Because you just abducted my heart.
This line is a silly way of saying you have feelings for someone. It’s a little cheesy but still works!
90. I just lost a bet with myself… I hoped you would accept this rose.
This is a cute way of saying you have feelings for someone. It’s cute, memorable, and sure to make them smile.
91. You are the sunshine on my cloud.
This line uses a sweet, silly metaphor to show you have feelings for someone. It’s the perfect balance of fun and flirty.
92. If you were a hamburger at McDonald’s, you would be a McGorgeous.
This line is perfect for the fast food-loving cutie in your class. It’s silly, memorable, and super original.
93. I wish I were cross-eyed so I can see you twice.
This line is perfect for the boy or girl who loves to joke around. It’s silly, memorable, and sure to make them smile.
94. If I die tomorrow, I’ll die happy knowing I saw you smile.
This line is perfect for the cutie who’s always smiling. It’s sweet, memorable, and sure to make them laugh.
95. Are you a parking ticket? Because you got FINE written all over you.
This is perfect for the girl or boy who loves to joke around. It’s silly, memorable, and sure to make them laugh.
96. If you were a vegetable, you would be a cute-cumber!
This funny pick-up line is perfect for the vegetable lover in your class. It’s silly, memorable, and sure to make them laugh.
97. If you were snow, you would be fluffy. If you were a tree, you would be root-able. But since you’re human, can I take you out?
This is a cute way of asking someone on a date. It’s cheesy and sure to make them smile.
98. I’m no mathematician, but I’m pretty good with numbers. Tell you what, give me yours and watch what I can do with it.
This is a cute way of asking someone for their phone number. It’s cheesy and sure to make them smile.
99. If you were Wikipedia, and I was looking up Beautiful Girls, your page would be called “See also:” with my page called “Beautiful”!
This line is perfect for the jokester in all of us. It’s silly, memorable, and sure to make them laugh.
100. Are you Google? Because I’ve looked you up every day since middle school.
This funny pick-up line is perfect for the jokester in all of us. It’s silly, memorable, and sure to make them laugh.
101. If you were M&M’s, you’d be a hard-shell because I think you’re hard on the outside, but a softie at heart.
This funny pick-up line is a sweet way of saying you have feelings for someone. It’s a little corny, but it’s funny and sure to make them smile.
There you have it, the 101 hilarious, most effective, and funniest pick-up lines that you can use on the girl of your dreams. Be warned though, these lines won’t work on everyone and sometimes they might be misconstrued as insults rather than a compliment so always be cautious when using them. Best of luck and remember, no means no.